MCMBA: Kensington / Proud Lake Connector

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Kensington / Proud Lake Connector

Postby Spinwheel » November 18th, 2014, 9:43 pm

redwoods22 wrote:I would be very interested in a trail day. I have a group of 5 Webelos that have been hiking the MTB connector and they need to do some community service. Could you PM me when a trail day is finalized?

Thanks !

PM sent
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
Spinwheel

Postby Spinwheel » November 25th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Bill and I will be out on Friday morning 11/28 - - 9:30 to 1-ish.... We'll work on clearing a short new connection from the existing trail to Old Plank Road. Park near the Horse trail crossing at Old Plank Rd. Walk west on the horse trail and take a right on to the Bike trail ...we'll be just a football throw to the north at this point.

Loppers and pruners will be useful, perhaps a shovel too, although the ground may be a bit frozen by then.

Hope to see you out there!

Tim
Tim
Spinwheel

Postby Spinwheel » November 29th, 2014, 4:15 pm

Spinwheel wrote:Bill and I will be out on Friday morning 11/28 - - 9:30 to 1-ish.... We'll work on clearing a short new connection from the existing trail to Old Plank Road. Park near the Horse trail crossing at Old Plank Rd. Walk west on the horse trail and take a right on to the Bike trail ...we'll be just a football throw to the north at this point.

Loppers and pruners will be useful, perhaps a shovel too, although the ground may be a bit frozen by then.

Hope to see you out there!

Tim

Thanks to Bill, Tom, Mike & Catherine for making it our yesterday. Hot Chocolate and doughnuts hit the spot.
Tim
Spinwheel

Postby Hermannator » April 10th, 2015, 3:58 pm

North Old Plank Road connector finished except last 30 feet. Needed chainsaw and input from TC.
Hermannator

Postby Spinwheel » April 12th, 2015, 11:09 am

Hermannator wrote:North Old Plank Road connector finished except last 30 feet. Needed chainsaw and input from TC.

I got out rough cut the last 50 ft. Should be able to roll through on a bike. Needs rake and final clear. Thanks Tom!!
Tim
Spinwheel

Postby pharus » April 15th, 2015, 10:11 am

Are there any group rides to for the Kensington/Proud Lake Connector, and then the Proud Lake trail? I've ridden ILRA many time, but would like to see how to ride from there through to kensington and proud Lake.
2013 Niner Jet9 1x10
2004 Giant NRS-2
1995 Pro-Flex 755
pharus

Postby Sortaslow » April 15th, 2015, 10:42 am

pharus wrote:Are there any group rides to for the Kensington/Proud Lake Connector, and then the Proud Lake trail? I've ridden ILRA many time, but would like to see how to ride from there through to kensington and proud Lake.

Girlbike group are doing a ride this Sunday . Meeting at Bakers in Milford at 11. Roll at 11:15.

I'll probably be there (I'm not a girl-just joining my gf) and probably a few other dudes and dudets too.
Last edited by Sortaslow on April 16th, 2015, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
Join us!
Sortaslow

Postby Hermannator » April 15th, 2015, 8:44 pm

I could guide you sometime. To ride from ILRA to Milford and Proud Lake is quite a hike (nearly 45 miles round trip). It is easier to ride from Milford and do Proud Lake and come back on the connector. PM me if you want. Or go to the Milford Challenge on June 6th and you'll get a map and a tour to all the shortcuts in the area.
Hermannator

Postby Spinwheel » May 10th, 2015, 11:30 am

Spinwheel wrote: Sun, Nov 16, 2014, 08:30 pm.....The 3 traces to the north are the new trail. This is about 1/4 mile west of Old Plank Rd. as the crow flies. Very rough ride - fat bikes would do well..

Bill and I worked on the connector west of Old Plank Road.
The old section is blocked off
installed some temporary signage and orange flags
re-cleared and graded the trail tread

NOTICE: for those traveling east bound from Kensington to Proud Lake, continue STRAIGHT where the new section splits near the end. If you go left you'll connect with Old Plank road heading north toward Milford.

Thanks Bill !

Tim
Spinwheel

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments