MCMBA: Hickory Glen (Commerce)

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby trail junky » July 30th, 2007, 3:12 pm

Yes Jeff it is just awsome....I was a bad biker last week. There were a few motortcyles out there
doing wheelies on the trail so I called the cops..Its official I've turned into my dad!! That was
part of the fun of renegade ridin when I was a kid. Runnin from the cops.
trail junky
 
Posts: 378
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Postby nhjeffs » July 30th, 2007, 10:39 pm

trail junky wrote:Yes Jeff it is just awsome....I was a bad biker last week. There were a few motortcyles out there
doing wheelies on the trail so I called the cops..Its official I've turned into my dad!! That was
part of the fun of renegade ridin when I was a kid. Runnin from the cops.


Don't feel bad. I call the sheriff every time I see them out there. It wouldn't be bad if they just stuck to the 2 track and school property but they insist on going onto the trail and doing as much damage as they can.

Last year I got to see something pretty funny. A couple of kids were on one of the baseball diamonds doing donuts and just trashing the field. He decided that he was going to zip across the dirt road coming into the park. He ended up flipping the 4 wheeler and sailed through the air pretty good. I just wish the sheriff that I called would have gotten there in time to impound his 4 wheeler but after about 15 minutes he was able to get up and ride away. :twisted:
Jeff

Image
User avatar
nhjeffs
 
Posts: 151
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:58 am
Location: Commerce Twp., MI

Postby Apps » August 1st, 2007, 9:18 pm

Rode the Hick tonight to get some hot weather riding in :shock: It was pretty sweet actually but the Disneyland Log Section near Oakley Park has a blow down that isn't blocking the trail but needs to be trimmed up a bit. I'll try and hit it on Thursday night when James and I ride....

Justin
04 Ventana Pantera (FS)
06 Redline Flight Monocog (SS)
07 LeMond Poprad Disc (Cross)
08 Vassago Bandersnatch (29er)

http://www.teamtreefarm.com Image
User avatar
Apps
 
Posts: 731
Joined: June 23rd, 2004, 6:46 pm
Location: Commerce Twp, MI

Postby Spinwheel » August 1st, 2007, 9:25 pm

Apps wrote:Rode the Hick tonight to get some hot weather riding in :shock: It was pretty sweet actually but the Disneyland Log Section near Oakley Park has a blow down that isn't blocking the trail but needs to be trimmed up a bit. I'll try and hit it on Thursday night when James and I ride....

Justin


6:30 at the trailhead? :D
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
User avatar
Spinwheel
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: May 8th, 2003, 10:03 am
Location: SE Michigan Mountain Bike MECCA

Postby Spinwheel » August 1st, 2007, 9:27 pm

trail junky wrote "..Its official I've turned into my dad!!"

I've turned into your dad too :!:
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
User avatar
Spinwheel
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: May 8th, 2003, 10:03 am
Location: SE Michigan Mountain Bike MECCA

Postby Apps » August 2nd, 2007, 8:52 am

Spinwheel wrote:
Apps wrote:Rode the Hick tonight to get some hot weather riding in :shock: It was pretty sweet actually but the Disneyland Log Section near Oakley Park has a blow down that isn't blocking the trail but needs to be trimmed up a bit. I'll try and hit it on Thursday night when James and I ride....

Justin


6:30 at the trailhead? :D


Yup....
04 Ventana Pantera (FS)
06 Redline Flight Monocog (SS)
07 LeMond Poprad Disc (Cross)
08 Vassago Bandersnatch (29er)

http://www.teamtreefarm.com Image
User avatar
Apps
 
Posts: 731
Joined: June 23rd, 2004, 6:46 pm
Location: Commerce Twp, MI

Postby nhjeffs » August 11th, 2007, 1:06 pm

The trail is in great shape. Rode there this morning.

The section that is just south of Oakley park on the east side of the paved path had a log removed. It was the log with the chainsaw marks in it to help with traction. I don't know who took it out but if you can't clear something in the trail, GET OFF YOUR BIKE AND WALK IT!!!!!!!!!!!. That section of the trail is meant to be CHALLENGING. Just because you're not able to clear an obstacle does not mean other people don't enjoy riding it.
Jeff

Image
User avatar
nhjeffs
 
Posts: 151
Joined: November 15th, 2005, 1:58 am
Location: Commerce Twp., MI

Postby trail junky » August 14th, 2007, 7:21 am

Rode er last night she was perfect. Lets go ridin Tim Call me. I lost your number. this weekend
would be cool.
trail junky
 
Posts: 378
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Hick

Postby YoshiDawg » August 14th, 2007, 10:58 am

Tim,
I measured the Hick last night and it came up to 6.62 miles - for all loops including the newest one along side Oakley Park rd. Also, there is a downed tree on the shortest loop right after the newest loop also along side Oakley Park rd. in between the two paved pathways.
gio. :D
YoshiDawg
User avatar
YoshiDawg
 
Posts: 50
Joined: November 8th, 2006, 8:02 pm
Location: Wixom, MI

Re: Hick

Postby Spook » August 14th, 2007, 11:28 am

YoshiDawg wrote:Tim,
I measured the Hick last night and it came up to 6.62 miles - for all loops including the newest one along side Oakley Park rd. Also, there is a downed tree on the shortest loop right after the newest loop also along side Oakley Park rd. in between the two paved pathways.
gio. :D


How big was the tree? Just wondering if a handsaw or chainsaw, I'll try to get it removed tomorrow.
-James

Co-TC Commerce

Semper Fi!

TeamTreeFarm
EMU Cycling
User avatar
Spook
 
Posts: 386
Joined: June 29th, 2005, 8:28 pm
Location: Novi, MI

Postby trail junky » August 14th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Spook I can help if ya need it. I didnt ride that section so i dont know how big.
trail junky
 
Posts: 378
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Postby Spook » August 14th, 2007, 4:33 pm

trail junky wrote:Spook I can help if ya need it. I didnt ride that section so i dont know how big.


I'm gonna try to get it tomorrow around 6pm, then do a lap. If your up for it that late that is good, if not no biggie. I don't remember anything to large in that area. :)
-James

Co-TC Commerce

Semper Fi!

TeamTreeFarm
EMU Cycling
User avatar
Spook
 
Posts: 386
Joined: June 29th, 2005, 8:28 pm
Location: Novi, MI

Postby Spook » August 15th, 2007, 10:18 pm

Tree is removed. Trail is in great shape. More signs and a new map are in the works too. :D
-James

Co-TC Commerce

Semper Fi!

TeamTreeFarm
EMU Cycling
User avatar
Spook
 
Posts: 386
Joined: June 29th, 2005, 8:28 pm
Location: Novi, MI

Postby Spook » August 22nd, 2007, 9:43 pm

Use caution on the 180 switchback / DH logile in the Disneyland loop by Oakley Park. Is rutted and grabing front tires. This is the section with tons of logs and piles.

I'll try to fix it ths weekend.
-James

Co-TC Commerce

Semper Fi!

TeamTreeFarm
EMU Cycling
User avatar
Spook
 
Posts: 386
Joined: June 29th, 2005, 8:28 pm
Location: Novi, MI

Postby trail junky » August 31st, 2007, 5:24 am

spook was that you who cut the big tree off the trail in the loop by the football stadium?
Sorry I missed the fun. Hey those little spots of black dirt at the bottm of some of the little climbs
are slicker than snot :shock: :shock: Should I rake those?? I think it just pools up from the rain.
trail junky
 
Posts: 378
Joined: April 14th, 2006, 2:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests