NMMBA: Mid-Michigan Community College

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby Thad Hallberg » August 27th, 2009, 4:19 pm

I just noticed that MMCC posted a downloadable PDF Trail map that shows their biking and walking loops. Have a look... http://www.midmich.edu/?gid=2&sid=167&pid=1455
Thad Hallberg
 
Posts: 76
Joined: August 13th, 2007, 2:02 pm
Location: Midland, MI

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby jrshome » September 8th, 2009, 12:38 pm

I road this trail twice over the weekend. Great job, this is a fun 10 mile trail. I can't believe that you got this all in since the spring. Still a little rough, but it is getting ridden in nicely.

You guys need to get this trail in trail guide. I went out with a few people that are all either living or have cabins in the area and they had never heard of the trail. I only knew about it because of this thread. Once this trail gets really packed in it will be fast.

Good job to the builders
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together..."
-- Carl Zwanzig
User avatar
jrshome
 
Posts: 444
Joined: May 14th, 2005, 7:51 pm
Location: Farmington Hills

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby shoffman » November 22nd, 2009, 11:16 pm

Thanks for the Trail Guide tip! You should now see MMCC in the trail guide.
shoffman
 
Posts: 384
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Location: Midland

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby shoffman » March 13th, 2010, 8:45 pm

Rode the entire 10 miles of MMCC trail this evening and it's in great shape. All the snow is melted (except for about 30 yards, which will be gone later tonight), and there are virtually no wet spots anywhere on the trail. Amazing how well this trail drains. It's ready to ride...
shoffman
 
Posts: 384
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Location: Midland

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby michiganclydesdale » March 13th, 2010, 11:34 pm

zippy wrote:Rode the entire 10 miles of MMCC trail this evening and it's in great shape. All the snow is melted (except for about 30 yards, which will be gone later tonight), and there are virtually no wet spots anywhere on the trail. Amazing how well this trail drains. It's ready to ride...


I may try to ride out there on Sunday, March 14th 2010 - around 2:00pm....anyone interested? Particularly anyone that can show me the ropes? Hit my PM if so, thanks. Remember, we go forward 1 hour tonight.
N+1
User avatar
michiganclydesdale
 
Posts: 460
Joined: April 30th, 2004, 7:13 pm
Location: Torch Lake South End (sand bar)

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby shoffman » March 14th, 2010, 7:05 am

michiganclydesdale wrote:
zippy wrote:Rode the entire 10 miles of MMCC trail this evening and it's in great shape. All the snow is melted (except for about 30 yards, which will be gone later tonight), and there are virtually no wet spots anywhere on the trail. Amazing how well this trail drains. It's ready to ride...


I may try to ride out there on Sunday, March 14th 2010 - around 2:00pm....anyone interested? Particularly anyone that can show me the ropes? Hit my PM if so, thanks. Remember, we go forward 1 hour tonight.


There is a small group ride planned for 2:30pm today at MMCC, leaving the main parking lot.....
shoffman
 
Posts: 384
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Location: Midland

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby michiganclydesdale » March 14th, 2010, 7:55 pm

thanks Zip and M, for showing me around the trail. What a great 10 mile lap - some technical, some short climbing, rocks & roots, two-track, etc. This is a great 10 mile course.

D
N+1
User avatar
michiganclydesdale
 
Posts: 460
Joined: April 30th, 2004, 7:13 pm
Location: Torch Lake South End (sand bar)

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby Ack » March 26th, 2010, 4:16 am

Just curious.......I haven't seen any info posted here on MMBA about the Rust Shaker Race at MMCC in April. This would probably be a good place to get the word out on the new trail....just a thought.
User avatar
Ack
 
Posts: 56
Joined: October 6th, 2004, 10:06 am
Location: Freeland

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby shoffman » March 26th, 2010, 8:06 am

Ack wrote:Just curious.......I haven't seen any info posted here on MMBA about the Rust Shaker Race at MMCC in April. This would probably be a good place to get the word out on the new trail....just a thought.


Good point... we posted this late last year, but it's probably time for a heads-up on this.

Here's the info that was posted earlier... http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94854
shoffman
 
Posts: 384
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Location: Midland

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby chrismaltby » March 28th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Trail is in great shape. Dusty in places. Let's hope we get some rain consistently through the summer (not just for this trial)
"There are no races. Only lotteries."

-Jacques Anquetil
User avatar
chrismaltby
 
Posts: 934
Joined: January 1st, 2008, 10:40 pm

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby Dennis Bauer » April 2nd, 2010, 9:56 am

There is a group of us coming up to the trail on Saturday (April 3) to ride it for the first time. We should be hitting the trail around 2:30pm if anyone would like to join us. This will be our preride for next Saturday's race.
User avatar
Dennis Bauer
 
Posts: 78
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 8:02 am

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby Creamy » April 8th, 2010, 11:24 am

Wow this sounds like a cool lil trail... Worth a trip from Traverse??? If so cant wait to check it out this summer.
Copper Ridge Riders Association:
Image
User avatar
Creamy
 
Posts: 432
Joined: September 15th, 2004, 11:00 pm
Location: Traverse City

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby shoffman » April 8th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Creamy wrote:Wow this sounds like a cool lil trail... Worth a trip from Traverse??? If so cant wait to check it out this summer.


Yes
shoffman
 
Posts: 384
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 9:50 pm
Location: Midland

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby Dennis Bauer » April 9th, 2010, 4:49 am

Rode it last Saturday and will race this Saturday. Very sweet single track.
User avatar
Dennis Bauer
 
Posts: 78
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 8:02 am

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby dauber76 » May 16th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Rode the MMCC trail today. Bone dry and full of flowy ribbon singletrack. A little rough, but what do you expect from a new trail. With more riders, the trail will smooth out and it will be ripping fast. If you were one of the people who built that trail, well done!
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
User avatar
dauber76
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: July 13th, 2005, 10:16 am
Location: 1537 Paper Street, Lansing

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests