NMMBA: Mid-Michigan Community College

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-Michigan Community College Trail Report

Postby shoffman » March 14th, 2010, 7:05 am

michiganclydesdale wrote:
zippy wrote:Rode the entire 10 miles of MMCC trail this evening and it's in great shape. All the snow is melted (except for about 30 yards, which will be gone later tonight), and there are virtually no wet spots anywhere on the trail. Amazing how well this trail drains. It's ready to ride...

I may try to ride out there on Sunday, March 14th 2010 - around 2:00pm....anyone interested? Particularly anyone that can show me the ropes? Hit my PM if so, thanks. Remember, we go forward 1 hour tonight.

There is a small group ride planned for 2:30pm today at MMCC, leaving the main parking lot.....
shoffman

Postby michiganclydesdale » March 14th, 2010, 7:55 pm

thanks Zip and M, for showing me around the trail. What a great 10 mile lap - some technical, some short climbing, rocks & roots, two-track, etc. This is a great 10 mile course.

D
N+1
michiganclydesdale

Postby Ack » March 26th, 2010, 4:16 am

Just curious.......I haven't seen any info posted here on MMBA about the Rust Shaker Race at MMCC in April. This would probably be a good place to get the word out on the new trail....just a thought.
Ack

Postby shoffman » March 26th, 2010, 8:06 am

Ack wrote:Just curious.......I haven't seen any info posted here on MMBA about the Rust Shaker Race at MMCC in April. This would probably be a good place to get the word out on the new trail....just a thought.

Good point... we posted this late last year, but it's probably time for a heads-up on this.

Here's the info that was posted earlier... http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94854
shoffman

Postby chrismaltby » March 28th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Trail is in great shape. Dusty in places. Let's hope we get some rain consistently through the summer (not just for this trial)
"It was eleven more than necessary."

-Jacques Anquetil (after winning a race by twelve
seconds).
chrismaltby

Postby Dennis Bauer » April 2nd, 2010, 9:56 am

There is a group of us coming up to the trail on Saturday (April 3) to ride it for the first time. We should be hitting the trail around 2:30pm if anyone would like to join us. This will be our preride for next Saturday's race.
Dennis Bauer

Postby Creamy » April 8th, 2010, 11:24 am

Wow this sounds like a cool lil trail... Worth a trip from Traverse??? If so cant wait to check it out this summer.
Copper Ridge Riders Association:
Creamy

Postby shoffman » April 8th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Creamy wrote:Wow this sounds like a cool lil trail... Worth a trip from Traverse??? If so cant wait to check it out this summer.

Yes
shoffman

Postby Dennis Bauer » April 9th, 2010, 4:49 am

Rode it last Saturday and will race this Saturday. Very sweet single track.
Dennis Bauer

Postby dauber76 » May 16th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Rode the MMCC trail today. Bone dry and full of flowy ribbon singletrack. A little rough, but what do you expect from a new trail. With more riders, the trail will smooth out and it will be ripping fast. If you were one of the people who built that trail, well done!
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem; now get off my lawn!
dauber76

Postby Snowybunting » June 1st, 2010, 8:25 am

I rode the trail this past Sunday, 5-30-10. Really nice singletrack. It had a very nice flow to it, fast and fun, even with it being my first time there. I'll definitely be hitting this on my vacation trips.
Snowybunting

Postby jrshome » June 1st, 2010, 9:08 am

I also rode this on Sunday morning. This trail is starting to break in real nice. I was much rougher in the fall. Anyone in the area should check it out. I love having this trail 15min from my in laws place. I am going to come up with an out and back from their place to here that will give me a great 30 mile ride
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together..."
-- Carl Zwanzig
jrshome

Postby oogs » August 30th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ridden this in the past couple weeks? How is it looking (not overgrown, etc)?
oogs

Postby shoffman » August 30th, 2010, 2:45 pm

Rode it yesterday... 2 laps - one forward, one backwards (my favorite).....

Trail is in great shape. Very fast. The college mowed the few of spots that were starting to get overgrown before the Sweat Shaker race 3 weeks ago, so it's all good....
shoffman

Postby gtrowbridge » March 22nd, 2011, 3:17 pm

How is this trail looking? Gonna be ready for the Rust Shaker?
More importantly will it be ready for me to ride it before the Rust Shaker so I'm not completely green?
Ionia State Recreation Area Trail Coordinator
"They say that the journey can be more important than the destination. In Mountain biking there is no destination. Just the bike. The rider. And a place to ride." - Roam
gtrowbridge

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments