Cycle to Fitness-Detroits ONLY Quiring dealer!

Where bike shops and other bike-related companies can post information on products, sales, events, etc.

Re: Cycle to Fitness-Detroits ONLY Quiring dealer!

Postby Paul Brown » April 29th, 2010, 5:05 am

I think it will handle ILRA ok, but I doult it will hold up at the Poto :D
Paul Brown

Postby ctof » April 29th, 2010, 5:49 pm

Aright. . .back to mountain bikes. . .

Do custom XX'd out Quirings ever get old?! I didn't think so! Here's the latest:

Another RG team issue ti 29r!

Love those American Classic wheels!

White out handlebar/stem/fork combo with the red Ourys=SEXY TIME!

Oh yeah!

Custom carbon cranks from Lightning Dynamics. Handmade carbon made in America!

1x10 too!

This bike belongs to a dude named Todd. How can you tell? Because it spells out T-O-D-D in Morse code in the Nokons!

RACING GREYHOUND team issue paint always looks good..

XX. . .Wave of the future. . .Wave of the future. . .Wave of the future. . .Wave of the future. . .Wave of the future. . .

When you're ready to get your custom Quiring built, stop by Cycle to Fitness in Livonia to get sized up and get your dream bike ordered. Wanna ride a Quiring first? Come see us at the Island Lake demo on May 8th. Ride a Quiring get a FREE Quiring T shirt if you're one of the first 100 people to demo one of the sweetest bikes that are handmade in Michigan by the great Scott Quiring!

See you on the trails!

-Cycle to Fitness
http://www.cycletofitness.com/
People that ride shop at Cycle to Fitness!
ctof

Postby c0nsumer » April 29th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Perhaps I'm seeing it wrong, but won't the crabon fibre brake lever go KAPOW on the first fall when the bar spins around and the lever hits the top tube?
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Nelg » April 29th, 2010, 7:30 pm

c0nsumer wrote:Perhaps I'm seeing it wrong, but won't the crabon fibre brake lever go KAPOW on the first fall when the bar spins around and the lever hits the top tube?

You are, my Juicy ultimates are going on the third season and they have stood up to lots. People think carbon fiber will break if you look at it funny, but it's pretty stout stuff.
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby c0nsumer » April 29th, 2010, 8:13 pm

Nelg wrote:
c0nsumer wrote:Perhaps I'm seeing it wrong, but won't the crabon fibre brake lever go KAPOW on the first fall when the bar spins around and the lever hits the top tube?

You are, my Juicy ultimates are going on the third season and they have stood up to lots. People think carbon fiber will break if you look at it funny, but it's pretty stout stuff.

I agree that it's pretty solid, but with a hard smack during a crash due to top tube / lever interference I can see something giving way. Since the tubes are really solid, I'd see the lever and/or its pivot failing.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Nelg » April 29th, 2010, 8:36 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
Nelg wrote:

I agree that it's pretty solid, but with a hard smack during a crash due to top tube / lever interference I can see something giving way. Since the tubes are really solid, I'd see the lever and/or its pivot failing.

It would only happen if there was actually interference with the top tube and brakes. Beyond that, the cassette alone on that bike has a $300 MSRP, I doubt the owner is all that concerned about slightly more fragile carbon brakes. :P
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby c0nsumer » April 29th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Nelg wrote:It would only happen if there was actually interference with the top tube and brakes. Beyond that, the cassette alone on that bike has a $300 MSRP, I doubt the owner is all that concerned about slightly more fragile carbon brakes. :P

I imagine there is. If you look at the photos the stem has a negative rise, is on 10mm of spacer, and the levers point almost straight downwards. With the flat bar I'd figure there's 25-30mm of space between the top tube and bar when it's rotated backwards. I just quickly measured my Elixir CRs and the tips of the levers stick out a good 95mm from the bar at full reach.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby gossamer » April 30th, 2010, 6:31 am

The levers will twist around on the handle bar before they would brake, and if you crashed hard enough to break the brake levers then that is probably the least of your concerns. I have already gone down once hard with my XX brakes and they shook it off better than I did.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption
http://www.fraserbicycle.com
gossamer

Location: Smack dab in the middle of nowhere, just a little farther than somewhere

Postby mr_opjones » April 30th, 2010, 6:46 am

This bike belongs to a dude named Todd. How can you tell? Because it spells out T-O-D-D in Morse code in the Nokons!

Cool idea
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby bh357 » April 30th, 2010, 9:07 am

Don't you have carbon fiber brake levers? I'm guessing you run 'em nice and high.

Sweet bikes btw.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby c0nsumer » April 30th, 2010, 9:10 am

bh357 wrote:

Don't you have carbon fiber brake levers? I'm guessing you run 'em nice and high.

Sweet bikes btw.

Yep, Elixir CRs. Stuff's set up so that it won't hit the tube when I fall, though. I tend to be picky about putting things together so they are long-term durable and maintainable.

I'm not saying that the durability of CF is in question here, more the setup of the bike itself as it appears to me that it's not designed to provide appropriate clearances.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member

c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby ctof » May 20th, 2010, 9:30 am

The latest. . .

You might remember seeing this frame hanging at the shop, now it's ready to roll! This is a 650b singlespeed. YUM!

Check out the custom Jen Green headtube badge.

Have you ever seen a sexier set up?!

King hubs hooked up to Hope Race X2 brakes. SOLID!!!

Love those levers on the Moots bar.

This mutha also has a Moots post hooked up to a Selle Anatomica saddle. Moots from Colorado, Selle Anatomica made in Wisconsin!

OoooooOOooooOOoo. . .Thomson seatpost clamp!

Check out the sweet paint job done with House of Kolor paint:

That is another sweet ride from your custom bike shop. . .CYCLE TO FITNESS! Don't settle, get the custom bike of your dreams from Quiring Cycles and get it from Cycle to Fitness. Give us a call at 734-266-8203 to talk Quiring anytime. We always have a few Q's on the floor for you to check out if you want to see one in person. Stop by some time to chat bikes!

See you on the trails!
ctof

Postby ctof » June 1st, 2010, 1:00 pm

When will the sweet custom Q's stop rolling out of Cycle to Fitness?! NOT ANY TIME SOON! Check out the latest. . .

This is a custom TT bike from Scott Quiring. The geometry is very aggressive with a 78 degree seat tube angle. The tubeset is a Deda tubeset with custom aluminum lugs all handmade by Scott Quiring himself. This is one FAST machine! This thing is a ROCKET!!!! Ok, here's some pics:

Nice ride!!!! Custom carbon fiber!

Like an F16 ready for take-off! This thing is bad (as in good!)

Where does it go?!

Quiring, custom made for you.

Check out the custom lugs. The geometry is all custom made for the rider to perform how they want it to perform.

That seatmast looks great!

Made in MICHIGAN!

What a sweet looking bike!

SRAM!!!

Like a rocket, this thing is ready to go!

You like that bottom bracket, don't you?

Man, what a sweet ride! When you are ready to get a custom bike, come to the bike shop that specializes in custom bikes . . .CYCLE TO FITNESS!!! No one builds more custom Quirings that we do. Give us a call at 734-266-8203 to talk custom bikes, or stop by to check some sweet rides out. We always have a few Quirings on the floor for you to check out so you can see some of the worlds most beautiful bikes before you order one up. Right now, we are looking at an 8 week turnaround to get the bike of your dreams. Titanium? Steel? Stainless? Carbon fiber? Whatever you have in mind, we can build that MF'er for you! Don't settle, get the bike of your dreams from Cycle to Fitness, and get your custom Quiring built for you!
Last edited by ctof on June 2nd, 2010, 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctof

Postby chadjohnston » June 2nd, 2010, 6:59 am

78 degree seattube with a 2cm setback post cap and the seat slid back on the rails? Hmmmmm... There are many positioning factors to consider in a TT bike.

Just to clarify, that tubeset from Deda is not custom at all, they are a stock tubeset that gets mitered and glued into the aluminum lugs. The Lugs are the custom aspect of this frame, everything else is basically a kit. There are very few builders who actually make custom carbon tubes for each rider. In fact there are very few builders that have the capacity to do anything "custom" with a ti tubeset other than cut and weld.
Outdoor Action Company
2129 Orchard Lake Rd (between Telegraph and Middlebelt) Sylvan Lake, MI. 48320 | (248) 454-1188
Seven | Guru | Waterford | Scott | Jamis | Felt
chadjohnston

Postby deuxdiesel » June 2nd, 2010, 9:23 pm

Not that Scott needs any defending, but that bike is a work of art, and if that's the geometry the rider wanted, that's what he got. Oh yeah, made in Michigan by a local hero, great rider and all- around good guy. Let's see, what brands do you sell? Oh yeah, and where are they made? I thought it was a bad business practice to denigrate another company's product?
deuxdiesel

PreviousNext

Return to Bike Shop News