Fat Bike Snow Race & Snowcross dates 2012

All forms of off road bicycle racing and competition MMBA CPS race info

Re: Fat Bike Snow Race & Snowcross dates 2012

Postby Scotty » November 2nd, 2011, 10:00 am

Updates above in the original post! More info here: http://www.farmteamracing.com/2011/11/f ... -race.html

Registration will go online on November 5 (at which point we will also post a link to bikereg.com)
Scotty

Postby WildWoody » November 2nd, 2011, 5:41 pm

I will be there for sure...
WildWoody

Postby Scotty » November 7th, 2011, 10:49 am

Registration is now online!

http://www.bikereg.com/14581
Last edited by Scotty on November 7th, 2011, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotty

Postby MediumRB » November 7th, 2011, 1:49 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but keep your eyes open for me to post up a much less formal (and drunkener) snow race series to happen out back of a half-developed development in Pontiac (NE of Telegraph and Eliz. Lake Roads). The streets are skim-plowed and the hilly fields have snowmobile tracks. Can make a couple miles of track with a drink a beer for every lap type format. Probably ask for $3-5/person to cover drink and food. I road around there all last winter on my 29'r and laughed the whole time.
Everything I ride makes sense.
MediumRB

Postby AirGuitar29 » November 8th, 2011, 1:42 pm

MediumRB wrote:Not to hijack the thread, but keep your eyes open for me to post up a much less formal (and drunkener) snow race series to happen out back of a half-developed development in Pontiac (NE of Telegraph and Eliz. Lake Roads). The streets are skim-plowed and the hilly fields have snowmobile tracks. Can make a couple miles of track with a drink a beer for every lap type format. Probably ask for $3-5/person to cover drink and food. I road around there all last winter on my 29'r and laughed the whole time.

Sounds like fun!
Experienced Crasher
Niner SIR 9
AirGuitar29

Postby Geff » November 14th, 2011, 5:11 pm

All I can really say about this is +1!!! It would be more than a hoot to get one and race/ride with everyone else, etc. and just sort of knock around with one. Let's see...where else can I begin to pinch pennies to make this happen :mrgreen:
Geff

Postby Scotty » November 15th, 2011, 9:37 am

Geff wrote:All I can really say about this is +1!!! It would be more than a hoot to get one and race/ride with everyone else, etc. and just sort of knock around with one. Let's see...where else can I begin to pinch pennies to make this happen :mrgreen:

find a friend with a snow bike and sign up as a Duo team! Share your friends bike. And while you're hanging out you can also demo a Salsa Mukluk. The Salsa Demo crew will be at Farmer's Fat Bike Race with a dozen Mukluks!!
Scotty

Postby Geff » November 15th, 2011, 9:40 am

Scotty wrote:
Geff wrote:All I can really say about this is +1!!! It would be more than a hoot to get one and race/ride with everyone else, etc. and just sort of knock around with one. Let's see...where else can I begin to pinch pennies to make this happen :mrgreen:

find a friend with a snow bike and sign up as a Duo team! Share your friends bike. And while you're hanging out you can also demo a Salsa Mukluk. The Salsa Demo crew will be at Farmer's Fat Bike Race with a dozen Mukluks!!

Right on! Will try to do that and have already started looking into it. Thanks!
Geff

Postby Scotty » November 30th, 2011, 12:36 pm

EDIT

wow, the races is 40% full already!

we've had a great response from people in Michigan and across the midwest. I suggest registering early and not waiting. Based on the rate of early registrations we expect we'll hit our 75 rider cap.

in the mean time, if you've got snow ride it! :twisted:
Scotty

Postby Scotty » December 20th, 2011, 1:08 pm

A few updates...

No snow on the ground today at Versluis Orchards, but the forcast is for some serious weather to blow across The Big Lake in the next few days! Once there's snow on the Ground we'll start posting pics of the race course.

We WILL cap entries at 75 racers! Based on entries so far, it's likely that the race could fill up before online registration closes January 11. So don't wait to register day of.

We have unique "trophies" planned for the category winners (solo male, solo female, duo, solo skinny bike). They are on par with the awards given to winners of events like The Lumberjack. We're working on engraving right now. We'll post pics of these custom "trophies" the week of the race.

Salsa Cycles and Ada Bike Shop are providing merchandise prizes for the top 3 in each division.

While not listed yet on bike reg, we will have a USAC National Champion competing in the Solo division!!

As we've said before Salsa Cycles will be here with their demo van. For those who are NOT interested in racing but do want to demo a Salsa Mukluk, we will allow demo rides on the race course!!!
Scotty

Postby Scotty » January 5th, 2012, 6:54 am

Registration for Farmer's Fat Bike Race is closed! We hit our 75 rider limit earlier this week.

If you missed out on registration for our January 14 race, stop by the Farm from 11am to 3pm on raceday and test ride a Salsa Mukluk! Salsa Cycles will be at the Versluis Farm with a truckload of Mukluk demo bikes!

Or stop by Ada Bike Shop for a Fat Bike Party on January 13 from 5-8pm. The Salsa crew will also be at the shop that night, and you can get 15% off the purchase of a Mukluk, 25% off all store clothing and accessories, as well as free chili and beer!

http://adabike.com
Scotty

Postby Scotty » January 7th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Some updates....

We started marking/prepping the course today. Unfortunately, we are now in a warm spell. all the snow has melted. But the forecast from next thursday through race day is for below freezing temps and lake effect snow (we are 30 miles from Lk Michigan). If you want to check the weather forecast at weather.com use zip code 49504. Weather.com is not as accurate as local weather, which is calling for highs in the mid 20s for three days prior to the race.. go here for local weather updates:

http://www.woodtv.com/subindex/weather/forecasts

The ground on the farm is clay. When below freezing the ground is hard as concrete. Single speeders and even some geared riders should expect to have to walk at least two of the short steep hills on the course. 90% of the course is wide open and passing will be easy. We have designed a course that will take the fastest rider 12+ minutes to complete and should be doable for a "slow" rider in under 20 minutes.
We will allow warm up laps after 11am, but not before.

Sign in and packet pick up will be on Friday 1/13 from 5pm to 8pm at Ada Bike shop in Ada, Michigan, and from 10am to 11:30am at the Race.

Remember, this is a grassroots event. We kept the entry fees low and the total rider count low so we could put on a simple, fun event for people to come together and ride Fat Bikes.

On race day Salsa Cycles will be at the event with a dozen demo Mukluks. Ada Bike Shop will also be there with Mukluk demos.

Parking is limited. Please carpool!!! The parking/expo/transition area is relatively small. Which is why we capped our registration at 75. Please do NOT bring EZ Up tents. They won't help you while you're riding the course and they don't make you look fast or pro or cool.

Please dress appropriately. It will almost certainly be below freezing on race day and the course is out in a farmer's field! There is no shelter. This is Michigan! 29deg F here is considered comfortable! No whining about wind or cold or whatever.

The race will end at 3pm. Awards will take place at 4pm. We have designed unique trophies for division winners! we will have free coffee, hot chocolate and hotdogs for everyone AFTER the race.

We appreciate the enthusiasm everyone has shown for Michigan's first fat bike race. We are looking forward to having you at the farm next Saturday.
Scotty

Postby Geff » January 7th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Thanks for putting on this GREAT event. Wish I could've signed up in time with funds available. Maybe will come on over and just cheer 8)
Geff

Postby WildWoody » January 8th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Geff wrote:Thanks for putting on this GREAT event. Wish I could've signed up in time with funds available. Maybe will come on over and just cheer 8)

Couple of us will be heading over, More that welcome to come with us. Let me know.

Woody
WildWoody

Postby Geff » January 8th, 2012, 3:13 pm

WildWoody wrote:
Geff wrote:Thanks for putting on this GREAT event. Wish I could've signed up in time with funds available. Maybe will come on over and just cheer 8)

Couple of us will be heading over, More that welcome to come with us. Let me know.

Woody

Right on. Thanks! Will get with you if I end up going over.
Geff

PreviousNext

Return to Racing