NCT on 31st, Arcadia on 2nd or 3rd?

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

NCT on 31st, Arcadia on 2nd or 3rd?

Postby dcat1 » July 25th, 2011, 10:25 am

Heading up this weekend for a week of camping w/ the family, but planning to sneak away for a couple rides-looking to hit NCT at Marilla trailhead on Sunday morning-I've only done this 1x a few years ago-anyone up for joining in? Not sure if I'll get all the way to tippy *beep* or not...or even if its still open for bikes all that way?

Then moving further west and looking to check out what all the talk about Arcadia is about-either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Any locals or others in the area that want to join in, let me know, or if any current conditions/general info on either available, that would be great too.

Thanks

Dan
dcat1

Re: NCT on 31st, Arcadia on 2nd or 3rd?

Postby Nelg » July 26th, 2011, 9:41 am

Not sure what this weekend holds for me, but enjoy. Arcadia is a fun flowy masterpiece and the NCT is a climbers dream.

What area are you staying in?
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby volklgirl » July 26th, 2011, 1:02 pm

If you can sneak down to Cadillac on Thur the 4th, we're having a night ride at Cadillac Pathways. No lights, no worry....we can hook you up.
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby dcat1 » July 26th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Nelg-camping Fri-Monday at Interlochen State park, then Mon-Thursday in Pentwater. Let me know Sunday in Mesick works for you-if not, can you give me any update on the trail condition in that area? It is still open to bikes, right? (I'd be heading south toward tippy dam.n,...)

I see Arcadia is two way but looks like counter clockwise is better..? Is the trail pretty well marked?

Volkgirl-thanks, but that is heading home day, so won't work.
dcat1

Postby volklgirl » July 28th, 2011, 12:52 pm

You won't have any problem finding your way around Arcadia at all.
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby Nelg » July 28th, 2011, 12:55 pm

dcat1 wrote:Nelg-camping Fri-Monday at Interlochen State park, then Mon-Thursday in Pentwater. Let me know Sunday in Mesick works for you-if not, can you give me any update on the trail condition in that area? It is still open to bikes, right? (I'd be heading south toward tippy dam.n,...)

I see Arcadia is two way but looks like counter clockwise is better..? Is the trail pretty well marked?

Volkgirl-thanks, but that is heading home day, so won't work.

Man, can't work it in this weekend, but I'm jealous as that NCT section is some of the best this region has to offer. I'm not positive about going south from beers road, but I know going north is open for sure.

Kris is right on the money on Arcadia, you can't really get lost there, but you'll be smiling a lot. :)

Enjoy your stay!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Return to NMMBA