HCP Fall Fun50, September 24th 2011

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

HCP Fall Fun50, September 24th 2011

Postby purple helmet » August 25th, 2011, 3:35 pm

You guys know the drill. If not, look up some of our past threads and learn all about it.

The fall ride is everyone's favorite, come on up and find out why.

I have plenty of room for carpooling. Leaving Spring Lake/GR area Friday morning with a (not so) quick stop at the NCT on the way...
The HCP, where no one can hear you scream.
purple helmet

Re: HCP Fall Fun50, September 24th 2011

Postby bh357 » August 25th, 2011, 8:55 pm

What is this "Fall Fun50"? What is HCP? What is the drill? :wink:

Well... I haven't missed a fall ride since my first one in 2007...
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby feldpaj » August 26th, 2011, 7:41 am

hum, fall ride leaves more time for beer, or is it because we might not roast in the sun, or because the trail should be in the best shape of the year, or because by this time we have shed all our winter fat, or the ferns may be dead,
looking fwd to the ride.
putting in my vacation time off request. :)
next will be doing the past due maintinace on the bike (go figure, past due...)
to do: bike-eat-brew beer-drink beer-board-hunt-sleep-work-
feldpaj

Postby purple helmet » August 26th, 2011, 12:02 pm

feldpaj wrote:hum, fall ride leaves more time for beer, or is it because we might not roast in the sun, or because the trail should be in the best shape of the year, or because by this time we have shed all our winter fat, or the ferns may be dead,
looking fwd to the ride.
putting in my vacation time off request. :)
next will be doing the past due maintinace on the bike (go figure, past due...)

Fresh duct tape?
:P
purple helmet

Postby feldpaj » August 26th, 2011, 1:57 pm

i did receive a comment on my road bike during a thursday rock-n-road ride about the scotch tape.

I think I need to replace my brake pads. Although the average speed there isnt real fast, i still may want to be able to stop.
feldpaj

Postby Jeff » August 29th, 2011, 2:48 pm

I have plenty of room for carpooling. Leaving Spring Lake/GR area Friday morning with a (not so) quick stop at the NCT on the way...

Can we start the NCT ride say on Mon. or Tues. and pedal all the way to Mackinaw and back down to the Pigeon by Sat. morning for the ride? Just a thought.

Jeff
Jeff

Postby feldpaj » August 29th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Jeff,
that ride sounds possible, I dont have near enough vacation time.
feldpaj

Postby purple helmet » September 9th, 2011, 8:44 am

Pretty quiet in here for the ride being a couple weeks away...
purple helmet

Postby Leroi Brown » September 9th, 2011, 10:23 am

Would you be willing to possibly post a link to a past thread with info on this ride? I've always wanted to check this out! Thanks!!
"Falling down the mountain
End up kissing dirt
Look a little closer
Sometimes it wouldn't hurt" - INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Cross Country Cycle Racing
www.crosscountrycycle.com
Leroi Brown

Postby feldpaj » September 9th, 2011, 2:11 pm

I think this may be what you are looking for.....

"Come up with a good attitude and $4/night for camping. Clear Lake state park, near Atlanta, MI. No need to make reservations, we'll take care of that. Unless you have some pimp-daddy RV, then you're on your own. Rides begin around 7 am Saturday, so Friday night arrival is a good idea. And the after-ride group campfire is the stuff of legend (people tell me, I can't remember several of them ) "

i think the fall ride will leave the campground (in cars) to go to osmond road ~8:00 am. But no one really knows details until we are all up there. Like the qoute says, show up friday, drink beer, socailize and figure out what the *beep* we are doing.

but here are links to the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=103861
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=102038
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=98321
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=94862

that is on the first page of the northern chapters forum.. if you want older, go to page two

:)

maybe the reason for the lack of discussion is everyone who is doing it is just set going and there are no newcomers who want more info. Would be nice for a few sponges.
feldpaj

Postby Leroi Brown » September 9th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Awesome.....thanks so much! If that doesn't end up being the guys weekend in Copper Harbor, I'd like to join!
"Falling down the mountain
End up kissing dirt
Look a little closer
Sometimes it wouldn't hurt" - INXS - Kiss The Dirt

Cross Country Cycle Racing
www.crosscountrycycle.com
Leroi Brown

Postby Nechan » September 13th, 2011, 10:04 am

Have a great ride! I hope to be back in the states for the fall fun 50 next year.
Nechan
Nechan

Postby Mike_D » September 13th, 2011, 5:10 pm

feldpaj wrote:.....i think the fall ride will leave the campground (in cars) to go to osmond road ~8:00 am.

Is it logistically possible for the 50 milers to drop a car off @ Pigeon Bridge on the way to where they would start the 50 miler assuming this is Osmund Road? I would be in for the 35 miler along with SlowPoke (as long as my Achilles tendon lets me - jacked it up this weekend on the NCT) and then we could pickup the Pigeon River car and the 50 miler car so we wouldn't have to hassle with that later that evening when everyone would rather sit around the campfire after the ride with an adult beverage.
Mike_D

Postby purple helmet » September 14th, 2011, 12:02 pm

mntn-biker wrote:
feldpaj wrote:.....i think the fall ride will leave the campground (in cars) to go to osmond road ~8:00 am.

Is it logistically possible for the 50 milers to drop a car off @ Pigeon Bridge on the way to where they would start the 50 miler assuming this is Osmund Road? I would be in for the 35 miler along with SlowPoke (as long as my Achilles tendon lets me - jacked it up this weekend on the NCT) and then we could pickup the Pigeon River car and the 50 miler car so we wouldn't have to hassle with that later that evening when everyone would rather sit around the campfire after the ride with an adult beverage.

Hmmm. It's possible. Have to leave a little earlier, but it'd save some time later. And it's always fun to see another group out on the trail...

Only bad thing is a bunch of people would be riding around in the car more than necessary in the morning...
purple helmet

Postby Mike_D » September 14th, 2011, 3:46 pm

purple helmet wrote:
mntn-biker wrote:

Hmmm. It's possible. Have to leave a little earlier, but it'd save some time later. And it's always fun to see another group out on the trail...

Only bad thing is a bunch of people would be riding around in the car more than necessary in the morning...

Do you go a different route to Osmun Road for the 50 milers (instead of the way we would go to Pigeon Bridge)? Maybe up M33 to M68 and then south on Osmun Road to where the HCP crosses?
Mike_D

Next

Return to NMMBA