HCP Trail Report 9/10

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

HCP Trail Report 9/10

Postby farmersride » September 12th, 2011, 12:27 pm

This past weekend on saturday I rode most of the HCP - minus the section on the east side of rt 33. Started at the clear lake day use area and rode the trail the the clockwise direction.

The trail is well marked but in a few locations logging has made finding the trail markers difficult and has made the trail unridable. The southern half of the trail is in excellent shape in every respect. The northern half of the trail has a significant amount of pricker bushes grown over the trail. My legs and to a lesser extent arms were worn raw by it - the ferns were heavenly in comparison. I would highly recommend some leg protection of some sort. There were many downed trees, but there was no mud and there were no bugs. Excellent wilderness experiance, nice long ride.
farmersride

Re: HCP Trail Report 9/10

Postby Sandpaper90 » October 20th, 2011, 9:04 am

I wanted to ride this trail this year, but never could get everything together. I'd like to try this trail, perhaps next year.
Sandpaper90

Postby Nelg » November 7th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Do you happen to remember what road the picker bushes and brambles were close to? We can address them on the next trail day. Thanks!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby bh357 » November 9th, 2011, 8:47 am

If I recall correctly, they were near Center Line Road. I'm just over 50% confident it was West, heading towards Dog Lake.

Did you get a chance to head out and see the clear cut near Duby Lake?
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby kalkaskawinterfest » January 13th, 2012, 11:34 am

Looking to down load the HCP to my gps. Garmin connect has nothing. Might anyone have any ideas or have it in thiers they can send me
Thanks Jim
kalkaskawinterfest

Postby bh357 » January 14th, 2012, 1:27 pm

kalkaskawinterfest wrote:Looking to down load the HCP to my gps. Garmin connect has nothing. Might anyone have any ideas or have it in thiers they can send me
Thanks Jim

I have it as a .gpx file. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

In fact it's from the June 2010 Solstice Ride. If I recall correctly, you were part of that ride.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby rvd » January 18th, 2012, 1:21 pm

bh357 wrote:Looking to down load the HCP to my gps. Garmin connect has nothing. Might anyone have any ideas or have it in thiers they can send me
Thanks Jim

I have a log from the fun50 last year, clockwise from Clear Lake SP. It doesn't include the part east of 33 and has a 50mi bailout at Centerline Rd:
http://app.strava.com/rides/1750649 - convert to .GPX here: http://cosmocatalano.com/strava-gpx-export/
rvd

Return to NMMBA