OH CRAP... Horsies on the HCP

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

OH CRAP... Horsies on the HCP

Postby bh357 » September 25th, 2011, 2:43 pm

Some horse's asses and their trusty steeds have been poaching the HCP :( . Lots of piles of *beep*, and plenty of hoofprints. Quite bad along the "mushroom trail", just north of the Shingle Mill, and between Duby Lake and Black River.

Also, just west of the spur to Duby Lake has been clearcut. The loggers left the brush, and we had to carry our bikes over the piles of brush where the trail was.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Re: OH CRAP... Horsies on the HCP

Postby TheyCallMeBruce » September 25th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Yeah, I noticed the horse crap on sections of the Shingle Mills Pathway over the 4th. They really know how to trash a trail.....
TheyCallMeBruce

Postby SteveF » September 26th, 2011, 6:37 am

Dang, I cant' remember--is horse season before or after deer gun season? :twisted:

Seriously, you guys reported this right? I still hope to do the 50 someday and I don't want it to be like riding a jackhammer the whole day.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Nelg » October 12th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Thanks for the heads up, forest management has been notified and we are seeking approval to add more ATV and Horses prohibited signs. Will keep you posted.
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby chrismaltby » July 23rd, 2012, 9:52 am

There also have been horses on the NCT north of Thrashing Rd near Boyne Falls. They have not ruined the trail but it is rougher. I was up there the weekend of the Boyne Marathon.

Chris
"It was eleven more than necessary."

-Jacques Anquetil (after winning a race by twelve
seconds).
chrismaltby

Return to NMMBA