HCP Summer Solstice Ride 2012

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

Re: HCP Summer Solstice Ride 2012

Postby Mike_D » April 2nd, 2012, 10:49 am

I received the "Green Light" from the wife over the weekend on this ride so I'm in. I will be bringing another rider with me that has done this ride a couple times as well. 8)
Mike_D

Postby Nelg » April 2nd, 2012, 12:25 pm

NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby MudShine » April 24th, 2012, 3:59 pm

REMINDER: Pigeon River/High Country Pathway WORK day is THIS Saturday, April 28th starting at 9 a.m. Please post up if you plan on joining us. Camping will either be at Pickerel Lake Campground or the Staff bunkhouse - both on the west side of the HCP closest to Vanderbilt. We will pass along exact camping plan soon.

Thank you to those who already confirmed! :D

Ali
Don't look back, something may be gaining on you.
Northern MMBA cat wrangler & secretary
MudShine

Postby Rock N' Rolla » April 28th, 2012, 9:23 am

I am cursed..... my sister's gradution is the 3rd...... :( words cannot decribe this mis-fortune that has befallen me. .....
Rock N' Rolla

Postby Mike_D » April 28th, 2012, 10:20 am

Rock N' Rolla wrote:I am cursed..... my sister's gradution is the 3rd...... :( words cannot decribe this mis-fortune that has befallen me. .....

That's an easy fix! The ride is on Saturday the 2nd and you make it back for your sister's graduation on the 3rd :D
Mike_D

Postby redleg_64 » May 2nd, 2012, 2:46 pm

Sweet! I've wanted to head out there for a while now. This sounds like the perfect time to ride the HCP. I grew up in Onaway, joined the Army and traveled the world, now I'm living in TC. I need to get back over there!
redleg_64

Postby purple helmet » May 10th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Sooooo, ride's in 3 weeks.

How many do we have coming?
The HCP, where no one can hear you scream.
purple helmet

Postby washedout » May 10th, 2012, 12:54 pm

The A-team will be back this year. Trying to recruit some more sponges in the meantime.
washedout

Postby Nelg » May 10th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Don't forget about the trail day this weekend.

http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 15#p764111

If you want a deadfall free ride in June, giving us a hand this weekend will be the best way to ensure it. Between the 80 mile HCP and the various loops of the Shingle Mill we maintain 90 miles of single track so you help is appreciated!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby MudShine » May 13th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Thanks to 6 devoted volunteers this past Saturday we have finished up our spring tidying of the ENTIRE HCP + Shingle Mill. Three teams of 2 took off early Saturday and spent about 10 hours each working trail. (I do believe that puts us at about 120 hours total volunteer hours at the HCP this year alone!) Way to go Greg Cook, Joe Feldpausch, Q, and John Roe! It was a long day Saturday with more ticks than usual and the beloved mosquitoes even made a showing. The campfires, conversation, can distant coyote howls were spectacular as usual. Those who experience it, whether working or riding, always LOVE what the HCP has to offer!

I hope that everyone who rides on June 2 appreciates not only the simple, quiet beauty of the HCP, but all the hours that go into maintaining the trail... my apologies in advance for NOT clearing the elk droppings... Can't WAIT to ride it for "fun". See you soon!

Ali & Glen
MudShine

Postby MudShine » May 21st, 2012, 6:09 pm

Ticks. I've never had much of a problem with them at the HCP, typically seeing a few here and there on OTHER people. However, this year seems to be different in the Pigeon. Even around Traverse City the tick population seems to healthier than ever. Perhaps due to an easy winter??? Not trying to frighten anyone away from the ride by ANY means... just be prepared to periodically check yourself for the little fellas. They like to hitch rides... for me, it's the back of my neck/hairline. Yep, I'll be sporting some serious tick repellant June 2nd! :twisted:

See you soon!!!!
MudShine

Postby TheyCallMeBruce » May 21st, 2012, 6:30 pm

Was hoping to make it again, but no Fun 50 for me this year. Hopefully next year I can drive down and join you. I won't miss the ticks though.
TheyCallMeBruce

Postby MudShine » May 21st, 2012, 7:12 pm

TheyCallMeBruce wrote:Was hoping to make it again, but no Fun 50 for me this year. Hopefully next year I can drive down and join you. I won't miss the ticks though.

You WILL be missed.. and your wife too. Have a great tick-free summer. Hope to see you before next June!
MudShine

Postby purple helmet » May 28th, 2012, 2:59 pm

well, looks like the weather is going to cool down nicely for next weekend :)
The HCP, where no one can hear you scream.
purple helmet

Postby Mike_D » May 28th, 2012, 3:42 pm

purple helmet wrote:well, looks like the weather is going to cool down nicely for next weekend :)

Right on! High 60's :D Let's hope the rain stays away!!!
Mike_D

PreviousNext

Return to NMMBA