Vasa

For discussing Northern Michigan Mountain Biking Association events, updates, and more. This includes the Upper Peninsula as well!

Vasa

Postby mtbcrasher » April 3rd, 2013, 7:31 pm

Does anyone know if and when the trail may be open and if there is a work session scheduled. Thanks Mark
mtbcrasher

Re: Vasa

Postby Tree Top Lover » April 3rd, 2013, 10:22 pm

No one can possibly know. We got 2-4 inches of snow earlier in the week. The VASA is packed and icey, which means it'll take a long time to melt, unless there's a very warm rain. Figure another 4 weeks before we see rideable dirt on the VASA? At this point, there is not a significant warm up, or rain, in the forecast. It's still winter here, in NW Lower.

TTL
meaner than a junkyard dog
Tree Top Lover

Postby mtbcrasher » April 4th, 2013, 2:38 am

Yes, I live in Kalkaska and I'm familiar with the snow we've gotten, I'm mostly concerned with a work session seeing that in a month from now there's the MSB race. Wondering if ole' mother nature will cooperate.
mtbcrasher

Postby Nelg » April 4th, 2013, 9:46 am

Our trail coordinator for the Vasa Singletrack is working on the plan and we'll have it out shortly. Keep in mind the Mud Sweat and Beers race is held on the Vasa pathway, not the singletrack so that is managed by TART, not NMMBA though we do give a hand now and then.

The alternate trails off the 25k are not official so we don't get involved in any work taking place on them. I personally know that the MSB folks will have things ready, but if you want to help I'd contact them directly.

We'll post up any work dates for the singletrack soon.

Thanks!
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby mtbcrasher » April 4th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Thanks Glen, I was not aware that the NMMBA did not take care of the Vasa Pathway also, Still look forward to trying to lend a hand on the Vasa if I can.
mtbcrasher

Return to NMMBA