NMMBA: Mid-Michigan Community College

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: NMMBA: Mid-Michigan Community College

Postby TomE. » May 26th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Rode the trail today, and it is in amazing shape considering the deluge of rain here this week. There is a massive tree down around the 9.25 mile area, easy enough to walk around though. Otherwise the trail was tacky, fast, and well maintained.
TomE.

Postby xp8gade » September 28th, 2013, 5:43 am

Was there 9/27 and trail was in great shape and fast!!!!! Leaves are falling but not a problem on the trail at all. Nice to see the development of the new section. And the new trail along the road is coming in pretty good, will take some time though.
xp8gade

Postby shoffman » March 20th, 2014, 10:46 pm

catnippy wrote:I'm a lone rider wanting to check out this trail. How heavily is this trail trafficked and how was the cell reception out there?

No worries... the trail is very popular and ridden frequently, and is well marked with mileage markers on the main (Blue) trail. The Blue trail loop is 10 miles, with smaller loops (.5 to 1.5 mile) off the main loop. 16 miles total. Each trail is color coded. All of the single track trails on the property are for mountain biking, so it's tough to get lost. BTW -all trails are two way trails. Look over the map at the trailhead, or pick up a map there and you'll be fine. BTW, cell phone coverage is fine out there (at least for Verizon users)...

Trail map: http://www.midmich.edu/files/167/MMCC%2 ... 0TRAIL.pdf

I'd be happy to meet you at MMCC to ride these trails once the snow clears if desired. Just PM me.
Steve
shoffman

Postby jlrotax583 » April 25th, 2014, 6:35 am

Just a FYI, the Rust Shaker XC race will be held tomorrow April 26th.

Trail should be clear by 3pm or come out and race in the morning!!!

Online Reg closes in 1/2 hour. https://www.bikereg.com/Net/22108 $30

Day of till 10am Reg $40 http://www.midmich.edu/files/28/Rust...4_12-11-14.pdf

Going to be a fast/fun course.

-Jon
Assistant to the Traveling Secretary and Semi-Official TC Gopher-MMCC/Stubway
jlrotax583

Postby heavyfeet » April 26th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Rode the trail for the first time this weekend at Rust Shaker. Definitely one of the top trails in Michigan. It is very well maintained and has a little bit of everything.
You beat me by an 1:01:00, your son beat me by 19 minutes, and your wife beat me by 3 minutes. I'm glad you didn't have a grandmother racing! Board Member-TomE.
heavyfeet

Postby bleve » May 3rd, 2016, 1:43 am

Zoo1424 wrote:The trail can be accessed from both north and south of the parking lot off S. Clare Ave. It's setup to be ridden in either direction and the main trail, as well as the side loops, all flow great in either direction.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I've never seen any signs indicating it's rideable both ways, always started at the first parking lot off Clare Ave where there's a trailhead and everything seems to point to the trail on the north side of the parking lot as the start. It's never been overly active when I've been there so I don't see why it couldn't be ridden both directions but that's interesting to know.
bleve

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions