Where to ride in 2012..?

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association topics.

Where to ride in 2012..?

Postby IBrake4Squirrels » January 18th, 2012, 5:54 pm

So I've noticed 'our chapter' is not very conversational.

I am curious, where is everyone planning on riding in 2012?

Considering this is my first season, I should be hitting up Maybury a lot because its minutes from my apartment (Northville). Suggestions on where and where not to ride around this area would be cool.

My buddy has a cottage by Indian Lake, right around the Lake Orion area. By his cottage, there are several trails he has told me. Anyone every rode around this area?? I am not sure of the name but so probably not a big help..
,.-~' Squirrel '~-.,

2012 Specialized Carve
IBrake4Squirrels

Re: Where to ride in 2012..?

Postby irishpitbull » January 18th, 2012, 9:16 pm

I have a few trips planned. But locally I ride poto, highland, or Brighton pretty much every weekend and Mayburry 3-4 times a week. If you need someone show you around let me know.
14 S-Works Epic
14 Yeti ARC-C
13 CruX Expert Carbon Disc
15 Borealis Echo Big Deal
irishpitbull

Postby IBrake4Squirrels » January 18th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Where abouts in Brighton? I will for for sure probably hit you up. The more the better..at least I think so..

[PB]
,.-~' Squirrel '~-.,

2012 Specialized Carve
IBrake4Squirrels

Postby irishpitbull » January 18th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Brighton rec area. Torn shirt is a sweet trail.
14 S-Works Epic
14 Yeti ARC-C
13 CruX Expert Carbon Disc
15 Borealis Echo Big Deal
irishpitbull

Postby Loren » January 18th, 2012, 9:35 pm

IBrake4Squirrels wrote:So I've noticed 'our chapter' is not very conversational.

Generally, the only topics posted in 'metro-south' are related to chapter business. Anything conversational is posted in the general forums - friendships, group rides, travel, advice spans chapters. It just makes sense - Your note mentions Maybury (Metro South chapter), and then asks about the Lake Orion area (CRAMBA chapter). And then the replies start discussing Brighton trails (Poto Chapter).
Loren

Postby c0nsumer » January 18th, 2012, 10:30 pm

If you're interested in CRAMBA area stuff, feel free to ask over there or in general.

The stuff up near Lake Orion that you're talking about is Bald Mountain and is loads-of-fun fast XC riding. It's right near Addison Oaks, which is also great. All of this is not far from Stony Creek, Bloomer, or River Bends. I'm sure you'll have no difficulty finding someone to show you around if you post up asking if anyone wants to ride.

SE Michigan is chock full of great trails.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Board Member
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby Sherpaboy » February 16th, 2012, 10:58 am

Lake Orion....

I suggest trying Addison Oaks, Bald Mountain and Stony Creek. if your on that side of town. Each trail has it's own layout and flow.
Trail's Edge Cyclery - We Are Bike Geeks!
Milford - 248.714.9355
Plymouth - 734.420.1200 (NEW LOCATION)
29er, Full suspension, Road, Cross, Family...and much more
Sherpaboy

Postby gossamer » February 16th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Sherpaboy wrote:Lake Orion....

I suggest trying Addison Oaks, Bald Mountain and Stony Creek. if your on that side of town. Each trail has it's own layout and flow.

Or all three... or more... Bloomer and the HS trails... can have an epic day if you so desire
"Get busy living, or get busy dying." Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank Redemption
http://www.fraserbicycle.com
gossamer

Location: Smack dab in the middle of nowhere, just a little farther than somewhere

Postby IBrake4Squirrels » February 18th, 2012, 8:13 pm

My friend and I went out to Bald Mountain (North) today for a hike with his dog. He has a cottage, about two miles away so we decided to take his Norwegian Elk Hound.

This was my first time on a mountain bike trail since I have become interested in the hobby. We walked the Organge loop which was 3.6 miles and looked pretty good. There was only one small section where someone road when it was too soft but other than that, looks good.

Does seemed to be like it will be an interesting ride. A few big climbs and some sections that look like they would be a fun decent.

Pretty excitied. COME ON WARM WEATHER!!
,.-~' Squirrel '~-.,

2012 Specialized Carve
IBrake4Squirrels

Return to MCMBA