Maybury Volunteers

For discussing Motor City Mountain Biking Association topics.

Maybury Volunteers

Postby DNR_Maybury » April 16th, 2014, 10:10 am

It is getting to be that time of year, and thankfully most of you have discovered that winter is leaving (although looking through the window we have snow again :icon_thumbdown: . For those of you who would like to volunteer to do trail work, we need you to stop in and get Volunteer Realease and Waiver form filled out first. We have them on file and if its needed I can put them in a platic bag and tack it to one of the trailheads. You would then need to fill it out prior to working iof at all possible and most definetly before you use any tools out on the trail. We of course would like as many as possible to help out with simple things like picking us sticks. Lastly, please remember to log your hours on the MCMBA website if you do any work as both the DNR and MCMBA want to know how much work has been done by volunteers. I'm glad we are back to riding season as I have been going through withdrawls myself. Anyway if any of you have questions feel free to contact me at 248.349.8390. Hope to see you at the park!
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury

Re: Maybury Volunteers

Postby bender13 » April 16th, 2014, 10:21 am

Do you want us to stop in at the HQ building off Beck Road?
Trails-Edge Racing
National Mountain Bike Patrol
bender13

Postby DNR_Maybury » April 16th, 2014, 11:19 am

yes, that works.
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury

Postby slukomski » April 16th, 2014, 1:45 pm

Trevor, if we've filled one out in the past, do we need to fill another one out again?
2012 Scott Scale 29 Elite
slukomski

Postby DNR_Maybury » April 17th, 2014, 6:43 am

Yes they expire at the end of the year.
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury

Postby Di_bear » April 22nd, 2014, 4:33 pm

Trevor, is this is a State form that is separate from the form we have on the MCMBA site? If so, can we get some at the next chapter meeting or potential gathering at Maybury? ;-) Also, does this release cover all state lands, or just Maybury?
Di 2.0: Image
MCMBA Vice Chairperson
Team Tree Farm

"He's like kryptonite to aluminum." - dirt
"There is a fine line between fearless and *beep* stupid." - Jerry68's wife
Di_bear

Postby DNR_Maybury » April 24th, 2014, 2:44 pm

Di_bear wrote:Trevor, is this is a State form that is separate from the form we have on the MCMBA site? If so, can we get some at the next chapter meeting or potential gathering at Maybury? ;-) Also, does this release cover all state lands, or just Maybury?

Yes it is a DNR document. I'd be glad to bring some with me, and you need one per each park you volunteer at. I also sent you a pm. If any of you all come out ask one of the employees here at the park and we'd be glad to get you 1, 2 or 10 :) . Also i was thinking about posting some over at the trail head for convenience sake.
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury

Postby chisbang » April 26th, 2014, 11:08 am

DNR_Maybury wrote:
Di_bear wrote:Trevor, is this is a State form that is separate from the form we have on the MCMBA site? If so, can we get some at the next chapter meeting or potential gathering at Maybury? ;-) Also, does this release cover all state lands, or just Maybury?

Yes it is a DNR document. I'd be glad to bring some with me, and you need one per each park you volunteer at. I also sent you a pm. If any of you all come out ask one of the employees here at the park and we'd be glad to get you 1, 2 or 10 :) . Also i was thinking about posting some over at the trail head for convenience sake.

I have a PDF copy of this if anyone wants it. I can email it to you. Just PM me.
Don Chisholm
Assistant Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby Loren » April 26th, 2014, 8:59 pm

The PDF for the MI DNR Volunteer Release and Waiver form can be found on the MCMBA chapter website under Library/Documents/Forms, or click here.
Loren

Return to MCMBA